If you are looking for the best low light rifle scope, we have just the solution for you. These rifle scopes come in especially handy when you are target shooting or hunting in low light conditions. Typically, game animals such as coyote are nocturnal animals which are active around dusk and dawn periods.
Thus, to enhance your performance when hunting for such animals a low light scope comes in handy as it enhances brightness to help you clearly see the target. So, to help you find the right scope, we’ve compiled our top 6 picks for the best low light rifle scope for this year- to ensure you nab that catch during your next hunting trip.
1. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 6-18X 50mm Multi-X Reticle Riflescope
If you are searching for the ultimate scope to use for your next game hunting trip, the Bushnell Banner Dusk & Sawn 6-18x50mm Multi-X Reticle Riflescope is a perfect choice. As the name suggests, the riflescope optimizes its performance during dusk and dawn. The low light riflescope features a 6-18x magnification power that allows for long range varmint, silhouette, and target shooting.
It’s large 50mm objective lens on the other end promotes increased light transmission for added clarity, brightness, and contrast. Furthermore, the lens is multi-coated with anti-reflective elements of added rightness whilst their Multi-X reticle design improves picture sighting. Furthermore, the scope integrates a single piece tube for added strength and durability.
The single-piece tube design eliminates any holes around the barrel and is complemented with the O-ring sealing and argon purged for shockproof, waterproof, and fogproof performance. Its fast focus eyepiece on the other end provides fast and quick adjustment whilst the 3.5-inch long eye relief allows comfortable viewing for prolonged use.
- 6-18 x magnification power for long range varmint, silhouette, and target shooting
- Large 50mm objective lens for increased light transmission, image clarity, and brightness
- ¼ MOA fingertip windage and elevation adjustments
- 5-inch eye relief for long lasting comfort and prevention of eye fatigue
- Zeroing is not very accurate sometimes
2. Burris Xtreme Tactical XTR II 8-40x50mm Precision Rifle Scope
Designed with up to 11 brightness levels, the Burris Xtreme Tactical XTR II 8-40x50mm Precision Rifle Scope offers adequate viewing clarity during the night, day time, and in low light conditions. Furthermore, the rifle scope features a convenient battery-saver position between each setting. This riflescope design accommodates serious, technical, and long range rifle shooters.
Built with a 34mm tube, the scope is larger than standard scopes which allows it to drain more light for even better image quality. Its 5x zoom system provides a larger field of view at close range whilst allowing for easier target acquisition at long rame.
It is also fitted with multi-turn elevation and windage knobs with 1/8 MOA click for accurate and finer adjustments. It’s zero clicks stops on the other end allows you to quickly return to the original yardage setting without having to count your clicks. An ergonomic side focus and parallax adjustment allow for a parallax-free performance from 50 yards to infinity.
- Optical glass lens for superior brightness and clarity
- 11 brightness settings to accommodate day time, low light, and nighttime use
- Triple internal spring-tension system holds zero through recoil, shock, and impact
- Relatively larger 34mm tube for better light transmission
- The reticle is a little too fine
3. Vortex Optics Crossfire II V-Brite Illuminated Riflescope
The V-Brite Illuminated reticle of the Vortex Optics Crossfire II V-Brite Illuminated Riflescope uses a V-Plex format with battery-powered components to illuminate its center dot for increased brightness in low light conditions.
The duplex reticle helps to center the crosshairs in low light whilst allowing you to accurately extend the range. This makes the scope perfect for hunter and target shooters in low light conditions. Furthermore, the scope integrates a second focal plane reticle which allows it to maintain the target size and appearance even with varying magnifications.
Its 1-inch tube provides a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight to accommodate a wide range of shooting applications. Additionally, the single-piece tube optimizes its accuracy and visual performance whilst ensuring a waterproof and high tensile performance. Its long eye relief, at up to 3.9m, facilitates viewing comfort for long periods.
- 1-inch tube construction for a versatile blend of adjustment, size, and weight
- Single-piece tube optimizes accuracy, strength, and waterproof finish
- V-Brite Illuminated reticle adds brightness during low light conditions
- Fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing
- The eyebox is not so forgiving at high magnifications
4. UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope Riflescope
Integrating a patented Innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System, the UTG 3-9X32 1″ BugBuster Scope is ideally built for low light conditions. The EZ-TAP IE System comes with two color modes to cater to a wide variety of lighting and weather conditions. You can opt to go for a green/red dual color mode or a multi-color mode with a choice of up to 36 color options.
For easy adjustment, the rifle scope features a single click high tech illumination memory feature to take you back to the color or brightness setting that was last used. The riflescope is also built with a military-style mil-dot reticle which makes range estimations a breeze – making it perfect for long range applications. Additionally, the scope is fitted with a 32mm objective e lens coated with emerald elements for added light transmission for image clarity and brightness.
Its 3-9x zoom ranges allow for successful hunting whilst also facilitating a large field of view. Furthermore, the low light rifle scope is designed with an accommodating eye relief for optimal critical CQB. To protect the scope in the outdoors, its integrated 2-inch sunshade to reduce glare from the sun. High quality flip open caps and lever lock quick detachable rings also provides extra protection.
- Emerald coated lens for increased image clarity and optimal light transmission
- EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing System to cater to a wide range of lighting and weather conditions
- Large field of view for better image detail
- Accommodating eye relief for optimal critical CQB
- Not the best option for long range shooting
5. Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical First Focal Plane Riflescope
Featuring an EBR-2C MOA reticle, the Vortex Optics Diamondback Tactical First Focal Riflescope comes in handy for range estimation, holdovers, windage, and moving lead corrections to make it great for long distance shooting and hunting. Its first focal plane reticle allows for the scope to zoom in on the target image whilst the reticle decreases in size.
Thanks to the FFP reticle is that it offers a clear and bright image at low magnifications. Additionally, with the ED glass and multi-coated optical lens, the scope transmits a clear and bright image. Its precision guide erector system on the other end ensures smooth magnification changes even during the roughest conditions.
Furthermore, the low light rifle scope integrates exposed tactical turrets with a side parallax knob for parallax-free performance and superior shooting precision at long distances. A fast focus eyepiece facilitates quick and easy reticle focusing. The low light riflescope is built with a high tensile and durable 30mm aluminum tube. The tube is filled with nitrogen and sealed O-rings for waterproof, shockproof, and fogproof performance.
- Precision glide erector system for smooth magnification changes even in rough conditions
- Exposed tactical turrets and side parallax knob for long distance precision shooting
- Fast focus eyepiece for quick and easy reticle focusing
- Rangge estinatig retcile design
- The eyepiece is a little too big
6. Simmons 3-9x32mm Riflescope
The Simmons 3-9x32mm Riflescope features a truplex reticle fitted with crosshairs that become thin at the center to make it easy to clearly see your targets. Furthermore, the crosshairs allow for quick target acquisition and allow you to focus on the target without having to alter the settings.
Additionally, the riflescope is fitted with a high quality optical glass lens with a full coating that delivers a bright and sharp sighting. The HydroShield lens coating maintains clear picture sighting even in low light conditions or harsh weather conditions. Its Quick Target Acquisition (QTA) eyepiece boasts 3.5-inch eye relief which allows for increased viewing comfort for long periods.
Furthermore, the long eye relief helps to prevent eye fatigue and injury that may be caused by heavy recoil. At the exterior, the rifle scope for low light conditions is molded with a SureGrip rubber surface for easy adjustment in any shooting conditions.
- QTA eyepiece with long eye relief for viewing comfort
- HydroShield lens coating for clear and sharp images even in harsh weather conditions
- SureGrip rubber surfaces for easy adjustments in any shooting conditions
- Truplex reticle for enhanced shooting precision
- The zoom ring is a little too tight
Which Is Better for Hunting the First Focal Plane or Second Focal Plane Reticle?
It depends on the circumstances. For a short to a medium-range shooting scenario where you use lower magnification and need a wide field of view, a first focal plane scope is fine. For long range applications on the other end, a second focal plane reticle is fine.
What Is a Good Scope Eye Relief?
A rifle scope eye relief should be big enough, at least 3 to 4 inches. This size gives enough room to protect your eyes against impact from recoils or shock. Additionally, a long eye relief should offer enough comfort for long term use.
Which Is Better a 50m or 40mm Objective Lens?
A 50mm objective lens is a better option. This is because the 50mm lens is larger thus, it allows for more light transmission which, in turn, results in increased image clarity, brightness, and high contrast images.
Which Is Better a 30mm or 1-inch Tube?
A 30mm tube is larger than a 1-inch tube (25.4mm) which makes it larger and thicker. This also gives it more room for elevation which, in turn, allows for increased light transmission for better image clarity and brightness.
What Is the Best Range for a 3-9×40 Scope?
The best low light rifle scope with a 3-9×40 power offers just the right range to cover a range for 100 to 300 yards. This also makes the scope perfect for hunting game animals such as deer and elk.
What Is the Best Reticle for Hunting?
A duplex reticle does a great job when it comes to hunting. Naturally, it is a recommended reticle option for hunting. This is because it provides exceptional targeting and shooting precision even in a thick rush or when you are pursuing large game animals.