Are you on the search for the right riflescope to use for varmint animals? Then, you can’t go wrong with our list of the top picks for the best scope for AR 15 coyote hunting. AR 15 scopes are designed for use in both low and bright light conditions. Thus, they make the best option for these nocturnal animals that are at their optimal peak during dawn and just before dusk when looking for their own food.
Furthermore, AR 15 rifles are built with incredible flexibility and varying power ranges to match the needs for coyote hunting. After all, coyotes are known to be quite tricky and fast – so having an equally fast and accurate rifle goes a long way.
So, to help you select the ultimate choice for your next coyote hunting trip, we’ve found you the top rated models for this year. Outlined below is the list of the top 5 picks for the best scope for coyote hunting for this year – take your pick of the ideal unit so you can enjoy successful target shooting on your trip to the wild.
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II V-Brite Illuminated Riflescope
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II rifle scope features a 2X to 7X magnification range to make it an ideal option for hunting and shooting at various distances. A long eye relief allows you to use the scope with or without sunglasses; the super forgiving eye box on the other end allows you to easily acquire your target, and enjoy a clear image view even for prolonged periods without any fatigue.
Furthermore, the fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing. To enhance image brightness and clarity, the V-Brite Illuminated riflescope is also fitted with fully multi-coated lenses that deliver excellent anti-reflective quality. The smooth, front adjustable objective ring on the other end allows you to easily fine-tune your image viewing clarity.
- Finger adjustable capped reset turrets for easy and convenient fine tuning
- Turrets feature MOA clicks for precision adjustment
- 1-inch single-piece aircraft-grade aluminum tube for shockproof performance
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged for fogproof finish
- Smooth, front adjustable objective ring
- Side windage adjustable knob for added convenience
- The images are not as clear at high magnification
2. ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope
Integrating an ultra HD 4K sensor technology, the ATN X-Sight rifle scope offers a high image resolution and faster target acquisition, which helps improve your hunting and shooting experience. The riflescope is built with a 5X to 20X magnification power, making this scope one of the best scopes for AR 15 coyote hunting; in both short and long range applications.
Furthermore, the riflescope features a ballistic calculator. Using the calculator, you will increase your chances of successfully hitting your target as it allows you to swiftly calculate the necessary parameters. These include range, wind, weapon profile, angle to target, temperature, and humidity, just to mention a few. Additionally, the riflescope allows for dual stream video recording through your smartphone as well as recording the footage in the SD card inside it.
- The riflescope allows you to save your videos to the SD card inside it
- Built-in night vision mode allows you to use the scope at night
- Low power profile allows your battery charge to last up to 18 hours on operation
- The riflescope delivers up to 120fps and non-pixelating digital zoom for exceptional image quality at long distance
- The ballistics calculator allows you to monitor all shooting parameters in real time to ensure successful target shooting
- Allows for iOS and Android Wifi streaming
- The memory card slot has a wide gap that makes it easy to lose your SD card
3. UTG 3-9X40 Hunter Scope
Featuring an emerald coating, the UTG Hunter scope delivers incredible image quality and resolution, even in low light conditions. An innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing system offers dual color mode RGB, or a choice of up to 36 colors in multi-color mode – allowing you to use the scope in a range of low light conditions. Its 40mm objective lens size on the other end complements the lens coating as it is adequately sized to allow for more light power.
Understandably, you will find yourself coyote hunting in a wide selection of environments and conditions. Thus, to prolong the durability of the rifle scope, its single inch tube is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for full fogproof, waterproof, and shockproof performance. The scope’s 1-inch tube is built from aircraft grade aluminum, which enhances its strength and durability.
- The Innovative EZ-TAP Illumination Enhancing (IE) allows you to set dual or multi-color modes with up to 36 colors
- Mild-dot range estimating reticle offers increased aiming precision and shooting performance
- High quality flip open lens caps to protect lenses
- Emerald coated lenses facilitate maximum light transmission for better image clarity
- A front bezel adjustable objective allows for easy parallax adjustment range from 5 yards to infinity
- Large 40mm objective lenses for increased image quality
- Poor quality windage turrets
4. Sightmark Photon XT 6.5x50L Digital Night Vision Riflescope
If you are looking for a superior target surveilling scope, the Sightmark Photon XT is what you need. This 2×24 riflescope is an excellent option for night use; allowing you to quickly and accurately locate your target in the dark. Furthermore, you can also choose to use the riflescope as a night vision monocular for observation purposes.
Integrating a built-in high powered infrared illuminator, the riflescope delivers ultra clear, high contrast, and bright pictures in low ambient light conditions or even totally dark conditions. Its high quality polymer fabrication delivers great strength and durability whilst its night vision intensifier tube automatically shuts off when hit with a bright light to preserve its durability.
- Quick power up design for convenient usage
- 0.25-inch socket for mounting a tripodk
- Comes with a durable nylon case for extra protection
- Can be mounted on a helmety
- Patented IR illuminator allows you to fully use the scope in total darkness
- Doubles as a night vision monocular for observational purposes
- Night vision intensifier tube protects the lens from bright lights
- The rifle scope is expensive
5. Night Owl Optics NightShot Digital Night Vision Riflescope
Using the Night Owl Optics riflescope, you will enjoy a long viewing range of up to 200 yards. Additionally, the riflescope allows you to choose between 3 different reticle types. This means that you can configure each of the three reticles in white or black – allowing you to adjust the reticle type or color to match your shooting environment; but this is not all the riflescope offers.
The 3X riflescope integrates a patented IR illuminator technology, which allows you to fully use the riflescope even in ultra low light conditions and total darkness. Utilizing 4X AA lithium batteries, the riflescope operates for up to 7 hours on night vision mode. The smooth gliding eyepiece ring allows for easy and precise focusing and when not in use, the flip off lens cap protects your lenses.
- Compatible with the weaver or Picatinny rail mounting system
- Works between 100 and 200 yards in nighttime conditions
- Built-in patented IR illuminator to facilitate full use in low light conditions
- Designed to use with rifles of up to 30 caliber
- Use the riflescope during the day doesn’t damage it
- A choice of 3 reticles allows you to adjust reticle type and color to suit the current shooting environment
- Elements need extra care as they can easily break off
Is a Night Vision Scope Good for Coyote Hunting?
The best scope for AR 15 coyote hunting is normally night vision capacitated as coyote hunting is best done in the dark. This is because coyotes are nocturnal animals by nature – making dawn and dusk the optimal time for them to head out in search of food.
Is It Better to Hunt Coyotes in the Morning or Evening?
As previously stated coyotes are nocturnal animals that hunt for their food during dusk and dawn; making it the best time to hunt for them. So, the best time to hunt for them is during the early morning or in the evening before dusk. Always ensure the wind is on your side!
How far Can You See with a Night Vision Scope?
The best scope for AR 15 coyote hunting that comes with night vision capacity and infrared illuminator allows you to see at a range of between 30 and 200 yards – depending on quality and parameters.
What Scope Range Do I Need for AR Coyote Hunting?
You can still hit a coyote at a close range. However, they can be quite tricky animals. So, to ensure success you also want a flexible scope. The best scope for AR 15 coyote hunting should have a range of anywhere between 100 and 500 yards.
Why Is an AR 15 Good for Coyote Hunting?
AR rifles are ideally built for predator hunting. These rifles are accurate, fast on follow up shots, and easy to load and unload. Furthermore, these rifles can be customized or adapted with added accessories such as night hunting lights to suit hunting needs in the dark.