Whether you want to go birdwatching, hunting, or target shooting, a good quality spotting scope is worth having. If you are on a budget, this review of the top picks for the best spotting scope under 100, you can find the right option.
Whilst they are super affordable, these scopes offer incredible quality and performance. Furthermore, they are available in a variety of specs to meet your daily needs. So, we’ve compiled our top picks for this year – the choice is all yours to pick what works for you.
The Emarth 20-60x60AE Waterproof Angled Spotting Scope features a 45 angled eyepiece that makes viewing ultra comfortable whether you have short or tall stature. Its generous field of view measures 39-19ft/1000m to make it perfect for target shooting, birdwatching, hunting, and spotting the moon.
Furthermore, the spotting scope is fitted with a fully multi-coated lens designed with a BAK4 roof prism for increased light transmission for brighter, clear, and high contrast images in low light conditions. A dual focus wheel system on the other end facilitates long range viewing for fast and fine-tuning focus adjustment – so you can zoom in and lock on to the target with added clarity.
The high quality rubber armor delivers a non-slip and shockproof grip whilst enhancing the durability of the scope. Additionally, the spotting scope is fully sealed with O-rings and filled with nitrogen for waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof performance. A built-in retractable sunshade reduces glare and comes with a tripod which allows the eyepiece to rotate sideways for flexible viewing angles.
- Short and stable tripod stand included
- BAK4 prism for increased light transmission even around the edges
- Anti-reflective lens coating delivers up to 99% total light transmission
- Built-in retractable sunshade reduces glare
- Rubber armor for a non-slip grip, shockproof grip, and eternal protection
- Dual focus wheel system for quick and fine-tuning focus adjustment for easy target acquisition
- The images are sometimes blurry
Built with a powerful 15-40x magnification power, the BARSKA 15-40×50 Colorado Spotting Scope facilitates a wide range of viewing applications. With this powerful magnification range, the spotting scope offers a clear viewing range of up to 150 yards.
At 15x, the spotting scope facilitates general observation with a wide field of view. At 40X magnification, the spotter offers a more detailed look. To complement this function, the scope boasts a precise focusing system. Its adjustable objective lens allows you to make fine adjustments on the focus whilst maintaining proper vision on the target object.
Its tabletop tripod promotes steady viewing in any conditions and it is also fitted with an integrated tripod mount that fits most tripod mounting screws so you can use the scope with or without the stand. To protect it from damage, the scope comes with a convenient soft case that accommodates all your accessories.
- Straight spotting scope for faster target acquisition
- Comes with a tabletop tripod for steady viewing
- Blue eyepiece with side sealing to prevent side light interruption
- Adjustable objective lens to make adjustments to the focus settings whilst maintaining vision on the target option
- The tripod stand folds for easy travel and storage
- A multicoated lens with BK7 Porro prism for better light transmission and contrast-rich images
- The knobs are of poor quality
The Roxant Authentic Blackbird High Definition Spotting Scope is built with a rugged non-slip rubber surface which allows you to comfortably handle it even in the harshest conditions. For extra protection, the spotting scope features an integrated extendable sunshade that reduces glare. When not in use, the spotting scope is fitted with ocular and objective lens caps to protect them.
A large “Smooth Glide” textured focus ring on the main barrel allows for convenient and accurate adjustments for better focus. A special retractable and extendable eyepiece on the other end allows you to use the scope whether you wear glasses pr not. The scope features a large 50mm objective lens with adequate light transmission and a wide viewing field.
Its 12-36x magnification power on the other end promotes short and mid-range applications. For even better viewing, the spotting scope features 45 degrees angled design for comfort in any position. Furthermore, the scope comes with a short tripod with an axis rotation lever. The lever integrates a swivel and pivot scope on the tripod that adjusts the scope’s hold on the tripod for added stability.
- Extendable sunshade reduces glare
- Rugged non-slip rubber surface for easy handling
- A large “Smooth Glide” textured focus ring on the main barrel
- Extendable and retractable eyepiece allows you to use it with or without glasses
- Large objective lens for superior light transmission and bright field of view
- Foldable tripod for easy carrying and travel
- Sighting at lower magnifications may be difficult
Boasting a powerful zooming range of 25-75x, the SVBONY SV28 Spotting Scope covers a wide range of applications to make it perfect for both beginners and experts. The magnification range allows you to use the scope for both short and long distance applications as well. Whilst the scope boasts a wide magnification range – it is still quite easy to adjust.
Its 70mm objective lens on the other end features a more powerful light gathering ability for maximum image clarity and contrast. Furthermore, the scope integrates a 70mm tube which promotes increased light transmission and a more comfortable view. To complement this build is an extendable sunshade integrated into the main barrel to reduce glare. Built with an IP65 waterproof body, the spotting scope withstands the harshest conditions.
Its seamless non-slip exterior allows you to securely handle it without slipping from your hands. Additionally, the spotting scope comes with a phone adapter and portable desktop tripod. The phone adapter allows you to document your views through videos and photos whilst the desktop tripod allows for range spotting. Their spotter’s lightweight and portable build on the other end makes it easy to carry the scope with you anywhere.
- Phone adapter to share videos and images
- Desktop tripod for comfortable range spotting
- Large objective lens for better light gathering abilities
- 70mm tube for more light transmission and easy target acquisition
- IP65 waterproof body with a seamless non-slip outer surface
- Lightweight and portable build for easy travel and storage
- Sighting at lower magnifications may be difficult
With the SVBONY SV17 Straight Spotting Scope, you can explore a wide range of applications whether it’s birdwatching, architectural design survey, safari, or target shooting. The straight spotting scope delivers a quick target acquisition – even with moving targets. Furthermore, the spotter accommodates easy horizontal target viewing or looking down on the targets.
Its generous eye relief; measuring 14 to 16mm allows for comfortable use for long periods. The straight scope even allows you to mount it on a car window. Additionally, the 25-75x zooming range spotter is paired with an accurate lens focusing system that offers a generous visual field and spectacular versatility. The lens integrates a BAK4 prism for crispy clear viewing and reduces light leakage.
Measuring 70mm, this large lens size also accommodates increased light transmission and image clarity whilst maintaining a large field of view and high image resolution even in dark light conditions. To withstand the rough knocks from harsh outdoor conditions, the scope is IP65 rated and filled with dry nitrogen to deliver a waterproof and fog proof performance – preventing water droplets from penetrating the interior and internal moisture build up.
- Exit eye relief measures 14-16mm for comfortable viewing for prolonged periods
- Rotatable scope body so you can easily lock on to your target
- Metal construction prevents optical axis changes
- 90-degree adjustable viewing angle
- Straight scope design for quick target acquisition
- 25-75x magnification range with different visual fields and wide field of view
- The tripod is not as stable
The Gosky 20-60x60AE Spotting Scope is built with a 45-degree angled eyepiece and a 110-56 feet/1000 yards field of view; making it great for target shooting, hunting, bird watching, and other fun outdoor activities.
Additionally, the scope features a 60mm fully multi-coated lens with a BAK4 Porro prism for enhanced light transmission for a brighter, clearer, and high contrast image. Its durable magnalium framework and rubber armor on the other end give it tight-fitting protection that withstands the roughest weather conditions.
Its shock-absorbing rubber delivers optimal protection and durability. Its eyepiece is also built with an eyepiece shield that can be stretched out to protect it. Furthermore, the scope tube is sealed with O-rings and nitrogen purged to prevent moisture, dust, debris, and fog build up whilst giving it a shockproof finish
- Comes with a carry case, eyepiece and lens protection covers, cleaning cloth, and handy straps
- O-ring sealed and nitrogen filled for waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof performance
- Durable Magnalium Framework and rubber armor for added durability
- 110-56 feet/1000 yards field of view is perfect for target shooting, hunting, birdwatching, and other similar activities
- Retractable sunshade reduces glare
- Convenient focusing knob for enhanced image clarity
- The tripod is small and difficult to set up
How Far Can a 20-60×60 Spotting Scope See?
A spotting scope with a 20-60x magnification power and 60mm objective lens is ideally built to offer a working range of up to 100 yards.
Are Spotting Scopes under 100 any Good?
The best spotting scopes under 100 are very good. Whilst they offer great affordability, they still maintain impressive quality and durability. Just because you spend a lot on the scope, it doesn’t mean that you will necessarily get a good quality scope. You can find very good quality and affordable scope brands such as Emarth and BARSKA.
Angled vs Straight Spotting Scopes – which Are Better?
It all depends on what you are looking for. Angled scopes have a low tripod height which allows them to offer more stability and comfortable viewing from different angles even when used for longer periods. A straight spotting scope on the other end allows for quick target acquisition.
Is a Spotting Scope Better than Binoculars?
A spotting scope offers a larger magnification range and a wide field of view which offers better image clarity even from long distances – whether during target shooting or sighting. Binoculars on the other end work better for shorter distances. However, binoculars are also quite forging when it comes to eye fatigue.
Which Is Better an 80mm or 50mm Spotting Scope Lens?
An 80mm scope lens is better than a 50mm one as it is large. This is because as the lens size increases, it accommodates more light transmission which, in turn, provides better image clarity and brightness. Additionally, a larger lens size offers a wider field of view.
Do I Need a Spotting Scope without a Tripod?
Unlike binoculars, a spotting scope is designed with a singular eyepiece that you look through. Thus, for proper viewing, you most certainly need a tripod.